I recently updated my local CF build to 9.0.2. After installation I reloaded my app and everything worked fine. I then went back into the admin and enabled robust exceptions and a few other things for my dev environment. I also saw an option to turn off CFC type check. I had never tried this before so I turned it off to see if there was a speed difference. Instead my app stopped loading and displayed this error:
“The method matches was not found in component C:/wwwroot/MyApp/myComponent.cfc .:Ensure that the method is defined, and that it is spelled correctly.”
Digging into the code, the issue is inside Coldspring. “Matches” is a function used by Coldspring in the ProxyFactoryBean.cfc. With CFC type check turned off it seems that Coldfusion can no longer follow the CFC inheritance and does not realize that this function exists. Turning CFC Type check back on in the CF admin solved the issue, though I am still unsure why this was a problem.
The only other info I found on this issue was this Google Groups thread.